Firial Ghazoul (فريال غزول) is an Iraqi scholar. critic, and translator. She is professor of English and comparative literature at the American University in Cairo, and editor of Alif: Journal of Comparative Poetics.
She has written extensively on gender issues in modern and medieval literature and is author of Nocturnal Poetics: The Arabian Nights in Comparative Context (AUC Press, 1996).
(From Arab Women Writers A Critical reference Guide by Radwa Ashour & Ferial Ghazoul)
- Dreaming of Baghdad (Women Writing the Middle East) by Haifa Zangana and Ferial J. Ghazoul. 2009.
- Arab Women Writers: A Critical Reference Guide, 1873-1999by Radwa Ashour, Ferial Ghazoul, and Hasna Reda-Mekdashi. 2008.
- Edward Said and Critical Decolonization: Revised Edition by Ferial Ghazoul. 2007.
- Wanderlust: Travel Literature of the Middle East (Journal of Comparative Poetics) by Ferial Jabouri Ghazoul. 2006.
- Nocturnal Poetics: The Arabian Nights in Comparative Context by Ferial Jabouri Ghazoul. 1996.
- The View from within by Ferial Ghazoul and Barbara Harlow. 1994.
- The Arabian nights: A structural analysis by Ferial Jabouri Ghazoul. 1880.
- The Loved Ones: A Modern Arabic Novel (Women Writing the Middle East) by Alia Mamdouh, Marilyn Booth, Ferial J. Ghazoul, and Helene Cixous. 2007