Fawziya Mahran, (1931 - ), ( فوزية مهران) Egyptian novelist and short-story writer born in Alexandria. She has a B.A. in English literature from Cairo University. She is a boardmember of the Rose al-Yusuf F oundation. A collection of her stories, Bayt al-talibat, was translated into Russian.
She has worked at Sabah al-khayr magazine and is the author of Ta'ammulat mawaqif dramiya ji qisas al-Qur'an (Contemplating Dramatic Scenes in Stories of the Qur'an, Cairo, Dar al-Ma'arif, 1987).
(From Arab Women Writers A Critical reference Guide by Radwa Ashour & Feryal Ghazoul)
- Bayt al-talibat (The Girls' Dorm, short stories). Cairo: Rose al-Yusuf Foundation, 1961.
- Najmat Sina' (The Sinai Star, short stories). Cairo: privately published, 1968.
- Jiyad al-bahr (Sea Horses, novel). Cairo: Rose al-Yusuf Foundation, 1984.
- Hajiz amwaj (A Barrier of Waves, novel). Cairo: Rose al-Yusuf Foundation, 1988.
- Ughniya li-l-bahr (A Song for the Sea, short stories). Cairo: Dar 'Uyun J adida, 1994.
- al-Tamathil tantasir: al-Mutran Kabutshi (The Statues Prevail: Archbishop Cappuci, play). Cairo: General Egyptian Book Organization, 1995.