Nur Salman, (1937- ), (نور سلمان) Lebanese novelist, poet, and short-story writer born in Beirut. She received a B.A. in Arabic literature from the Beirut College for Girls (later the American Lebanese University), an M.A. in comparative literature from the American University of Beirut, and a state doctorate in Arabic literature from St. Joseph University in Beirut.
She is a professor of Arabic literature at the Lebanese University. She has written several works in comparative literature and literary criticism, including: al-Shi'r al-suji (Sufi Poetry, 1980), al-A dab al-Jaza'iri ji rihab al-rafd wa-I-tahrir (Algerian Literature in the Broad Expanses of Rejection and Liberation, 1981), al-Lughat al-Samiya wa-I-Iugha al- 'Arabiya (Semitic Languages and Arabic, 1981), Madkhal ila dirasat al-shi'r al-ramzi ji-I-adab al-hadith (Introduction to the Study of Symbolic Poetry in Modern Literature, 1981), and Adwa' 'ala-I-tasawwuf al-Islami (Illuminating Sufism, 1982).
She is a boardmember of the National Conservatory and a member of the Lebanese Child Care Association and the Lebanese Women's Council. .
(From Arab Women Writers A Critical reference Guide by Radwa Ashour & Feryal Ghazoul)
- Fadahikat (And She Laughed, novel). Beirut: Dar al-Nashr li-l-Jami'iyin, 1960.
- Yabqa al-bahr wa-I-sama' (The Sea and Sky Remain, short stories). Sidon: al-Maktaba al-'Asriya, 1966.
- Ila rajullam ya 'ti (To a Man Who Did Not Come, poetry). Beirut: Al-'Alamiya Books, 1986.
- al- 'Ayn al-hamra' (The Red Eye, short stories). Beirut: Riyad al-Rayyis Books and Publishing, 1991.
- Li-fajr yashuqq al-hajar (Toward a Rocksplitting Dawn, poetry). Beirut, 1994.
- Lan utji' al-wajd (I Will Not Snuff Out Love, poetry). Beirut: al-Nahhal Foundation, 1997.