Anisa Abbud (أنيسة عبود), ( -1958), Syrian poet and novelist born in Jabla, where she lives. She graduated from the Agricultural Engineering College and works at the Citrus Research Center in Latakia. She writes a weekly column for al-Thawra al-Suriya and is a member of the Story and Novel Association.
(From Arab Women Writers A Critical reference Guide by Radwa Ashour & Feryal Ghazoul)
- Hin tunza' al-aqni'a (When the Masks Come Off, short stories). Damascus: Arab Writers' Union, 1991.
- Hariq fi sanabil al-dhakira (A Fire in the Grain Spikes of Memory, short stories). Damascus: Dar al-Hisad,1994.
- Mishkat al-kalam (Lamp of Speech, poetry). Damascus: Ministry of Culture, 1994.
- Ghasaq al-akasya (Acacia Twilight, short stories). Damascus: Arab Writers' Union, 1996.
- al-Na'na' al-barri (Wild Mint, novel). Latakia: Dar al-Hiwar, 1997.
- Qamis al-as'ila (Chemise of Questions, poetry). Latakia: Dar al-Hiwar, 1999