Omaima Abdullah al-Khamis (أميمة الخميس) is a Saudi writer born in Riyadh. She obtained a BA in Arabic Literature from Saud University in 1989. She later obtained a Diploma in English Language from University of Washington in 1992, and a Diploma of Education from Faculty of Education in the year 2000. In 2009, she became a Certified International Trainer.
She has published a number of short stories collection, novels, and children's books, and has won the Abha Prize for story writing in 2001. Her work has been translated to the languages English and Italian. Omaima had a weekly article in Al-yome newspaper, Al-Riyad newspaper, Al-Jazira newspaper, the Gulf Times newspaper, and currently writes an article three times a week in Al-Riyadh Newspaper under the title The logic of the clouds.
Since 2001, she has been the Director of Educational Information in the Ministry of Education. She has also taught many courses in the administrative area, media and creative writing .
To help spread cultural awareness, Omaima Offered several evenings and cultural lectures within and outside the Kingdom. She also continues to offer courses and workshops in creative writing.
She is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Committee to raise awareness of Alzheimer's disease
She is a married mother of two sons and a daughter.
(From al-Khamis CV)
- Rib while ripen - -Riyadh –Dar Alared _ 1993 short stories
- Council of the Great Men – Dar al-jadid - Beirut 1994 short stories
- Where to go this Light – Dar al-Adab - Beirut 1996 short stories
- Wasmia (A Story for Children) 2002 translated to English.
- Antidote - Dar-Almdaa -2003 short stories translated for Italy. I 2 / 2010
- The story of a drop (A Story for Children) 2005
- Albehriat - novel 2006
- A series Acacia Park, children's stories published by the Library of King Abdul Aziz Public) 2008.
- A Novel Leafy 2008 (nominated for the poker prize in the Arab novel)
- A handbook distributed to children in the National Museum in Riyadh
- A handbook for children in the Janadriyah 2006.